Pages

Apr 15, 2008

Happy (yeah, right!) Tax Day :o(

Why is it that every time I finish and submit my taxes, even though I've truly done my best to track and record accurately everything the IRS requests, I always feel a little sense of fear and concern over the potential for "the audit". Funny, I've never been audited (Although my trusty TurboTax risk meter put me in the top of the yellow area for risk this year due to the fact that our business expenses were more than our income with all the startup costs, that we moved and had moving expenses, and that we sold our house) but that still doesn't change the feeling it incurs. I hate that feeling... I hate whatever it is that makes me have that feeling. I guess, like you, I just hate taxes in general! Oh well, 364 days till the next time.

Oh, some good news: We're getting a refund of taxes we paid in 2007!
And, some bad news: We had to pay CO state income tax on severance paid by my former TN employer for the months we lived in CO while getting the severance. UGH!

How about you? Did you come out on the refund side or the "please, take the rest of my blood, sweat, and tears" side this year?

1 comment: